Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Iron Gym Pull-Up Bar

By John O'Riley

I've recently acquired a pull-up bar made by Iron Gym products. I have to say, I've had my eye on one of these for a while. Now I do have a full squat rack of where I'm able to do pull-ups from, but am I able to fit my squat rack in between my door way or in the hallway? Nope, I don't think so. With that said, the mobility of the pull-up bar is phenomenal.
Right when I get out of bed in the morning, all I have to do is simply slip the pull-bar in between my door way and walla! I can knock out a mini workout or warm-up whenever I want. Not to mention the benefits of doing pull-ups are simply outrageous. Pull-ups is an exercise very few people can do, simply because of the lack of upper body strength. I know a few people who can power clean over 250lbs but at the same time they have hard time doing 5 regular pull-ups.
With this piece of gym equipment, you can do a variety of exercises. Not only can you do under hand pull-ups, but you can also do over hand pull-ups as well. Wide or close-grip, you choose for the better. The pull-up bar can also be used as a push-up platform on the ground. With push-ups, it allows you to hit more muscle fibers of the chest and thus allowing you to get more of an effective workout that what regular push-ups offer. Anyways, for $30, you can't go wrong with the price. If you've always wanted to set up your own home gym, the pull-up bar is an awesome start. If you're wanting to buy this product, it can be located at your local sports store.
For more information on exercise and nutrition, check out this Bodybuilding Blog.
Also while you're at it, come visit and join one of the best Bodybuilding Forums around!

No comments:

Post a Comment